AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Are there Terrastar C problems right now?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 10/24/2018 06:50 (#7062197 - in reply to #7062088)
Subject: RE: Are there Terrastar C problems right now?

East Central, Nebraska
i have never used terrastar but i know on rtk there is an option (checkbox) to turn stableloc on or off, on waas it is greyed out but still on the screen. it is supposed to work like rtk extend (deere) or xfill (trimble) but it does not. it actually can do whatever it wants and typically reverts back to waas. i have seen 3 foot line shifts when i lost rtk for a few seconds because stableloc was on. i chose to never use it again. if i lose rtk i just stop and wait.

it is my understanding that stableloc will choose what it thinks is the best source for you based on parameters i will never understand.

something you need to keep in mind here that most people do not understand is no matter what gps source your on the monitor will always think it is right, therefor will have a perfect map all the time. if you were autosteering your map would look perfect but still you would know the truth. since your not it is doing the opposite of that. you know it is correct but it thinks your off. therefor it seems to me your changing sources ALOT, which is exactly what i have seen stableloc do in the past.

Edited by caseihfarmer 10/24/2018 06:56
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)