AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

More hard luck for this family, more help from GREAT neighbors.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

150 farmer
Posted 10/21/2018 11:36 (#7057818)
Subject: More hard luck for this family, more help from GREAT neighbors.

Pontiac, IL.
2 years ago it was my nephew, (brothers boy) who was injured in a accident, and was in the hospital during harvest. Many of the neighbors, headed by Roger Birch, (RAB 1964, on this site) helped harvest a lot of our crops. This year, less than 6 weeks ago, my brothers wife, was diagnosed with brain cancer. A few weeks after surgery, she came down with pneumonia. In Peoria Hospital, but they could not find an antibiotic to work. She passed away this past Thursday. Only 63 years old. Funeral on Monday. The past 10 days or so, my brother was with her every day, Neighbors, Roger Birch, (RAB 1964 on this site), my Uncle, Jim Hibler, Tim Taylor, and William Van Wassnhove, AGAIN, came to the rescue. Roger run my brothers combine, my uncle Jim ran mine, Tim ran 1 grain cart, while I ran the other, Willie was kept busy moving augers, hauling in, getting us lunch, etc. The weather kept us out for a few days, but over 700 hundred acres of corn was harvested in 8 days, along with many miles of road time, and 2 farms fighting mud. We finished on Friday. A big THANK YOU to Roger, Jim, Tim, and Willie for all your help. Also, thanks to all who have helped in any way, and offered there condolences at this time. My mother just passed away 8 months ago, and again, then there was an outpouring of support. What GREAT neighbors and friends. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you,
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)