AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Premarking A - B lines this fall for use next spring
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/21/2018 07:44 (#7057453 - in reply to #7056566)
Subject: RE: Premarking A - B lines this fall for use next spring

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
In olden times, each farm had a "line" fence between you and the neighbor. These have mostly disappeared in our area. I have in some instances created a permanent AB property line. Since my property lines are generally straight, I take the tractor out without any implement and literally back up with the hitch centered on the line fence marker on one end of the field and set the "A" point. I then drive to the other end of the field and line the centerline of the nose of the tractor in line with the other line fence marker and set the "B" point. This AB line is then the property line. I name this line with a descriptive name such as Thisius/Schultz property line. In some fields we have then redrove the AB line stopping occasionally and putting in a steel post with a piece of white PVC pipe over it. These make a nice visual marker and will simply bend over if accidently hit.

When I come back to do an actual operation I choose this line as the reference and then do an offset for half the implement width (maybe a bit more) and proceed. I have neighbors with Ag Leader equipment also and I have shared the property line with them. I export the line to my memory stick, they take my stick and import it to their equipment so we both have the same line. I offset my first pass my way and they offset their first pass their way.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)