AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Post below His Way
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

OntarioCanuck
Posted 10/28/2018 18:53 (#7070611 - in reply to #7069106)
Subject: RE: Post below His Way

North of London

No I do not believe anything like that.
I know many religionist just believe that some magical power created all life forms but that is not what I understand happened.

Life began billions of years ago, there is evidence in rocks dated around 4 billion years old, and slowly evolved to the forms we see today.
New species are developing all the time as different life forms evolve.
It often takes LONG periods of time but can happen quite quickly if conditions/pressure is extreme. It has happened it short enough time spans for humans to see it but often takes many many years and generations.

So I went to look up what I had read before about a bird separated on other side of an island and becoming a new species and I though it had happened in south east Asia or maybe near Australia but my search found this example too for you to read up on it happening.

https://www.wired.com/2009/11/speciation-in-action/
On one of the Galapagos islands whose finches shaped the theories of a young Charles Darwin, biologists have witnessed that elusive moment when a single species splits in two.

In many ways, the split followed predictable patterns, requiring a hybrid newcomer who'd already taken baby steps down a new evolutionary path. But playing an unexpected part was chance, and the newcomer singing his own special song.

This miniature evolutionary saga is described in a paper published Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences. It's authored by Peter and Rosemary Grant, a husband-and-wife team who have spent much of the last 36 years studying a group of bird species known collectively as Darwin's finches.

Read on and you will see what they watched happen over a number of years and included a drought that almost wiped out the new species  but probably cemented the variations that finally made it a new species. 

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)