AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

SMS: Why are there holes in my JD 2630 data in Base Map view but not Swath Map view? Edit: Resolved
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 10/19/2018 09:48 (#7054679 - in reply to #7054624)
Subject: RE: SMS: Why are there holes in my JD 2630 data in Base Map view but not Swath Map view?

PrecisionNE - 10/19/2018 09:04

The appearance of the base map shouldn't really concern anyone unless the point data is truly not the width it's supposed to be. You can use the ruler zoom in and measure a dot if you're unsure.

Can you elaborate on that?

I don't know what point data is other than I assume it is essentially a row in a spreadsheet with collumns like lat, lon, time, flow rate, width, etc. Then those data points are positioned on a map according to lat lon.

So are you saying in SMS those points (I assume the base map visualizes those points?) Should have a width when the base map is displayed or they should not? In the last picture I posted in this thread each pass shown is a 60' wide pass with a 60' planter. You said to zoom in and use the measure tool. I guess I feel like I could zoom in and measure but when you know the planter is 60' wide and you know the passes are 60' apart then you know that those points are not 60' wide because they do not cover all of the area when the planter actually was covering all of the area. What should I be trying to discover while I'm measuring?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)