AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Forgot to change planter documentation when I switched varieties: Fix in SMS?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 10/17/2018 23:39 (#7052672 - in reply to #7052643)
Subject: RE: Forgot to change planter documentation when I switched varieties: Fix in SMS?

Alright, I figured out that I had to hit the "base map" button on the right side and for some reason that allows me to select "Edit Layer".

Then I was able to do all of the things you mentioned. After I hit "save" the final time, some of the data (other passes on other varieties off to the East side) appeared to be missing. However, after I closed the map and then created a new one again, it was all there and it was there the way it was supposed to be.

I'm not really totally sure what I did. It appears the goal was to:

1. Open an editing window

2. Delete everything but the data that I wanted changed

3. "Save as" which allowed me to change the product. It seems like this saved it to the "base map" but it's almost like it saved it as an additional pass underneath the pass that was already there in the base map?

4. Editing again allowed me to delete the original incorrect pass, thereby uncovering the new correct pass that I had created when I did the "save as" operation.

So from this experience, it seems like you can stack passes on top of one another in what I'm calling the "base map"? I assume if I would have checked, I would have seen the acres for entire field go up a little until I deleted the original pass? Can you re-arrange which pass is on top of the other in any way? What if that new pass had populated on top of the original pass? How would I have deleted the original pass?

It almost seems like there were multiple layers within a single layer for awhile during that process. That concept confuses me.

If I had an entire variety labeled incorrectly instead of just a pass or two of a variety, could I just right-click on that variety, hit "edit" and then re-name it rather than going through all of the stuff that you explained for this situation?

Thanks for your help!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)