AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Fried chicken
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

LakeRat1
Posted 10/17/2018 21:41 (#7052474 - in reply to #7051774)
Subject: RE: Fried chicken

Concordia Parish La.
A couple things about making Good Fried Chicken, try and find fryers under 4#, for frying I like 3 1/2 lb. chicken, cut up the chickens and season ahead of time, I like to cut & season my chicken 12 or so Hr. before i plan to fry, (I put my cut up chicken in a big mixing bowl and add the seasoning and toss/mix it till it looks to be well coated) i then place my seasoned chicken in a zip lock and place in the fridge until i am ready to fry, I also season my flour with a little salt & Black pepper, place a cup of seasoned flour in a gal. zip lock bag and place 5 or 6 pieces of your seasoned chicken & shake, Now this batch is ready to fry, we fry in a Deep Cast Iron skillet, covered part of the time, fry in about a 1/2 in of oi at 350, skin side down to start, turn and finish frying

The best part is the Gravy that can be made from the drippings after U have finished frying the chicken, or chickens, when finished frying, let the grease set a couple min. to settle, then poor off all the grease but about 2 tbs. plus leaving all the dripping/brown bits in the pot, now put the skillet back on about med heat and add enough flour to soak up the oil, U are now making a roux, i brown my roux until its the color of peanut butter, (U have to keep stirring this all the time U are making the roux or U will Burn your Roux) once U get the roux made U have to be ready to add Milk or water, I use both, I first add about 2 cups of milk, keep stirring as i thickens i keep adding a little water until the gravy is as I Like it, Now U have to season it, I add Salt & Black Pepper, some time i also add a little Poultry seasoning, Taste to be sure your Gravy is to your Liking, This is Good one anything, Rice, Biscuits, Cream Potatoes or just a slice of Bread, Good Luck with Your Fried Chicken
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)