AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Meanwhile in Canada, starting today.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dko_scOH
Posted 10/17/2018 08:49 (#7051480 - in reply to #7051242)
Subject: RE: Meanwhile in Canada, starting today.

39.48, -82.98
This happened to me a week or so ago. I had stopped for oncoming traffic while turning in to our bin site. I could see the car behind me not stopping and just before impact had turned right and hit the accelerator in an attempt to minimize the blow.

Did some damage to my pickup but totalled the dude's car. Actually, it was his mother's car. That's him, in the black skull shirt and yellow shoes, watching as my son and brother clean up the mess he made.

Turns out he isn't unknown to local law enforcement. And he failed the sobriety test. Shocking, I know. No alcohol on his breath...he prefers other drugs.

Now, I get the pleasure of dealing with an insurance company. He told us on the scene that the car was Mom's but that the insurance was in his name. Sure. Turns out Mom has (had) insurance but son was not listed as a driver. Wonder why? The nice lady from Progressive assures me that she has called his number multiple times but has not been able to get a response.

There is on Ohio's ballot this fall a proposed constitutional amendment to essentially decriminalize drug use. You could possess enough fentanyl to kill 10,000 people and it would only be a misdemeanor. If anyone really thinks this is a good idea, take another look at Michael Carter, the black skull shirt dude.

I know laws don't eliminate antisocial behavior but we need them on the books as a deterrent, as a means of punishment, and as leverage to get addicts some help. Legalizing drugs is equivalent to throwing up our hands and saying that because something is hard we should stop trying.

Fine. There will be even more Michael Carters now. Keep an eye on your mirrors. This is going to get you where it hurts.

(20181007_175303.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 20181007_175303.jpg (132KB - 53 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)