AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Thoughts/rambling about the milk price and fluid milk
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

jmart
Posted 10/16/2018 18:55 (#7050529)
Subject: Thoughts/rambling about the milk price and fluid milk

Lancaster PA
Just thinking some today about the milk price and the lack of demand for class one fluid milk. In the past here in PA we always got a little more for milk due to the demand for class one milk on the east coast. Now as demand for it decreases our prices are falling more in line with the rest of the country, which is understandable. My assumption is, the milk that gets bottled makes the farmer the most money and the co-ops the least. If this is the case than what motivation do the co-ops have to market the better tasting whole milk? I'm sure they make more on 2% as well because they can sell what they are taking out before bottling. I guess from a business standpoint I get why they concentrate there efforts on cheese, butter and other products that take larger volumes of milk. It's s just frustrating to see the decline in milk consumption and the lack of effort to promote the best tasting healthiest milk that would give farmers the.greatest return. Anyway, I'll stop rambling, what are your thoughts about this.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)