AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Data out of FieldView
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

gpsdude
Posted 10/17/2018 13:36 (#7051818 - in reply to #7051701)
Subject: RE: Data out of FieldView

NE South Dakota Clark, SD
illini85 - 10/17/2018 11:40

What I can say is that it appears like in many cases the data seems kind of sparse with large gaps between the data points. Only if you use the original monitor data there seems to be more data points. I have seen numerous examples of this, especially with data from case monitors, but was curious if others were seeing it also. Makes you kind of wonder why the data can look good only in FieldView but not when take out.

Software can fill gaps whether from missing data or from removed points. Yield data that is total crap can be made to look good with smoothing and only displaying a small number of ranges with the colors. However you polish a turd, it is still a turd as far as using it in a meaningful way. I am not saying for sure that is what is happening in this case, but have seen this before. I just played with some crap yield data to show a point. The first image is raw data from the monitor nothing to do with FV. Second mage is is filled and manipulated and show in 10 color ranges. The last in the same data, just displayed in 255 color ranges.

(Raw Yield Crap (full).jpg)

(Filled and Smoothed Yield 10 Colors (full).jpg)

(Filled and Smoothed Yield 255 Colors (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments Raw Yield Crap (full).jpg (131KB - 128 downloads)
Attachments Filled and Smoothed Yield 10 Colors (full).jpg (73KB - 134 downloads)
Attachments Filled and Smoothed Yield 255 Colors (full).jpg (75KB - 131 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)