AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Do nice guys really finish last?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

paul the original
Posted 10/19/2018 12:12 (#7054852 - in reply to #7049066)
Subject: RE: Do nice guys really finish last?

southern MN
I’ve told this here before.

Met my wife the first few times in a group of friends sort of deal, she was extremely quiet, and I’m pretty shy myself in real life.

Eventually called her up and asked her out one weekend. Dangged if our friends didnt get wind of that, and 8 people invited themselves along to our first date.

After the movie it was pretty much go out to the bar/bowling alley, or go home, so we all went out to the bar. Sat around, and one by one everyone told bad stories about me, anything I ever did dumb in my life. Man oh man. It was a couple hours of a Rodney Dangerfield roast....

Called her up some days later, wondered if she would even talk to me.

Well the pressure was off me, she pretty much knew anything I’d ever done cross eyed, it was pretty easy to just be me after that!

We were older, think both of us kinda had given up on ever finding someone nice enough to bother about.

We look back and laugh.

I want to say nice guys do tend to finish last and I don’t understand it, but I guess looking at me; either I’m not a nice guy or indeed nice guys can finish first, can’t find a nicer gal than I got.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)