AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Target at $3.80 ZCZ18
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

J P
Posted 10/15/2018 16:20 (#7048591 - in reply to #7048471)
Subject: RE: Target at $3.80 ZCZ18

dpilot83 - 10/15/2018 14:36

That is a challenge if you can't control your data. JP used the continuous as well but he makes sure his data actually rolls when the contract truly expires. He believes that is the way it should be done I believe. I don't even know where to acquire that data. I believe JP may log his own data but I'm not sure on that.

Hi pilot,
Well that used to be the case. I got all hung up on having a specific roll date. Since then though I have learned that what my mentor ha always told me which was that the data didn't matter and to use what is on your chart. When a billionaire speaks one should listen!

Cedar, not trying to be pompous but I have been here for over 6 years and I bet I have said a hundred times "When price goes vertical the move is half over". And yet consistently day after day the vast majority of you hang on every little last news-item, every little tweet on your Twitter feed Etc when the fact of the matter is the where price is going has already been determined and today's news is the most irrelevant information that you could ever spend time examining. So think of it this way, if that Gap mattered to that fork, do you think the gap that happened on the July to September roll in 2014 corn matters now? How about the 2014 Bean move which was almost three times the size of the of the current move , even though most people acted like it was the end of the world. But it's all about the weather , Acres, tariffs??? Price knows.

Take care
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)