AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brown spots in oatmeal
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iseedit
Posted 10/14/2018 17:59 (#7046812 - in reply to #7045992)
Subject: RE: Brown spots in oatmeal

central - east central Minnesota -

Buster 50 - 10/14/2018 10:16 My cholesterol was up at last weeks physical so I thought maybe I could try choking down some oatmeal. We had some small packs (sealed) of instant in the cupboard. I boiled the water added it to the oatmeal and stirred. As I waited for it to cool I noticed small dark brown spots in it. A magnifying glass revealed legs on the spots. How did those bugs get in? I dumped that batch down the drain before getting a picture, so I opened another and found no bugs. It's possible they were only in 1 bag. How do you eat that stuff? 

If you can not acquire a taste for oatmeal, try oat granola with milk or yogurt. I eat oatmeal mixed in plain or vanilla yogurt and it's great. If time is short, granola and yogurt is great. Your cholesterol will not like it - your Dr and you will thank oatmeal/granola for better test results.

Granola or Oatmeal with yogurt is a good way to start your day, if you are calorie/weight conscience -  it filling and gets your body metabolizing the body fats. I

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)