AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

UTV is used up
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dieselfume1
Posted 10/12/2018 09:07 (#7042314 - in reply to #7041778)
Subject: RE: UTV is used up

SE MT
jimsonweed - 10/11/2018 22:42

I've never owned one, to be honest. Thought about it one time and went and looked at a few. A friend is a salesman at JD and he basically whispered, "we sell a lot of these, but no one can figure out why, what's wrong with pickups? These things are loud, uncomfortable and unreliable." He took me for a spin in one and he wasn't lying!

I went and looked at a used Kubota. It had 1,200 miles on it and WAS WORE COMPLETELY OUT. Every corner of that POS rattled. It had a heater, with plastic windows and no insulation. A new one of those was 27k!

A UTV is the Farmer's Dunce Cap of the 21st Century. It's the farming equivalent of a flat billed cap.

Maybe for a farmer, but not for a rancher.

Do you live out west of SD where gumbo mud is the normal? practically impassiable in a pickup with anykind of moisture. Same goes for spring calving, UTV's don't tear up the ground like pickups do, can go where pickups can't at speeds pickups cant.

We've replaced out ranch pickups completely and sold all the horses, while spending less money for ownership and repairs----- The dunce cap is for the guys who think that a pickup can do what a SxS can. and think a emissions era $40K new diesel colorado is a solution. That's just plain nuts.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)