AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deere 4710 sprayer CCU/SRC software
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

oh_tech
Posted 10/12/2018 19:38 (#7043375 - in reply to #7043132)
Subject: RE: Deere 4710 sprayer CCU/SRC software

Thanks for your reply Hoss. Yeah I'm using that same generic payload. Controller won't take it.

Kind of a frustrating problem. I remember when 2600 first came out, to get it to map on combines there was a software update for the side mount moisture meter that *had* to go through mobile processor and keycard so your thought about delivering software that way made sense to me.

I can get the controller to show up and work fine on both a 2630 and/or a brown box. I can see the controller address and it works fine on the greenstar end of the harness or the spraystar display connector, doesn't matter where I plug it in. I can use the sprayer as a dual display, or a single display. Everything works fine except the section control. Verified Gen4 sticker and software version is 4.10A, so I thought it just needed a software update...

Stripped CAN line down to just the controller, battery charger on and battery at 13.5V, pulled fuses. It just won't take. It almost seems like it can't find the controller because it fails so quickly. When connecting to machine with SA5 I only see the greenstar components (when I have them plugged in) so that seems to make sense as why it fails (SA5 not seeing SRC), but all my greenstar components see the controller. Verified on the CANbus analyzer, 0xE1, and CAN voltages look fine.

I went ahead and replaced the top 1/2 of the wedge hoping it was either a controller issue or that Phoenix/JDES would be kind enough to send an up to date board. To my surprise it did come with software, but I'm now on version 2.x, and still unable to upgrade.

Watching the CANbus analyzer during reprogramming I see the 0xE1 (SRC) is there talking away, then during programming process a 0xFE (unknown controller) shows up and sends 1 message and a 0x2B (offboard diagnostic tool) shows up and sends 2 messages and then the reprogramming fails. My EDL sits there with the orange light on until I accept the error message on laptop.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)