AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A little upset sometimes don't feel like wife is on my side..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Blusteryknollfarm
Posted 10/10/2018 23:53 (#7039626 - in reply to #7039197)
Subject: RE: A little upset sometimes don't feel like wife is on my side..

North Central Illinois
sand85 - 10/10/2018 20:32

I think all you can do now is what you think is best for your immediate family situation.

Later, after it has played out, for better or for worse, would be an excellent time to discuss priorities and first loyalties with your wife. It’s easy to get crossed up sometimes and I suppose, with a chance to think about it, she might come to some realizations about what her statement says about where you stand in her priorities, or you might come to some realizations about what her stance says about your time/financial priorities. Takes a while to grow into the change, ask me how I know.

I can understand why you would be surprised to feel unsupported now. Gotta keep rolling forward, though.

One good thing this suggests to me is that your wife is a thoughtful listener who paid attention to the male role model in her life on that long ago time and faithfully relays her thoughts to you now, good or bad. Since you are the male role model in her life now that could accrue to your benefit long-term, with her quiet support and following your leadership.

Took me a long time to learn my wife was a processor and I had to plant seeds and let them grow with her.

I just have to say, I enjoy reading your very thoughtful comments on relationships.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)