AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A little upset sometimes don't feel like wife is on my side..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

BobVance
Posted 10/10/2018 20:14 (#7039121)
Subject: A little upset sometimes don't feel like wife is on my side..

Long story short I am a small to medium sized farmer and a couple weeks ago I heard of a local farmer that was calling it quits after this year. One of his land lords is an acquaintance of mine, as well as many in the community. A few years ago I approached (before I was married to my wife) said land owner casually just stating that if his tenant were to retire, or he were looking to make a change I would be interested in farming his ground. Nothing more, nothing less.... no big deal just casually letting him know I am interested. Well now that his tennant is no longer farming and he will be looking for a new tenant I asked my wife if she would have any interest in accompanying me to visit him as she knows him as well (small town). She informs me she won't and doesn't think I should as her father spoke one time years ago when she was a child of how it would be nice to farm his ground. I guess I feel odd about this as my wife and I really could benefit... but yet it is almost like she would rather see her father benefit from such a situation (or so that is how I see it). He is in a very different financially situation than us, and I have no shot at the farm in the future as he has sons that farm with him. I don't know what to think.

Edited by BobVance 10/10/2018 20:16
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)