AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pro 600 in 2166 problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

torn
Posted 9/26/2018 21:54 (#7011228 - in reply to #7011169)
Subject: RE: Pro 600 in 2166 problem

roaming
rwhuyck - 9/26/2018 20:36

Thanks. This is what I needed, somewhere to start and some things to look for. Some of these I have done some I will do. As far as the auger in the moisture bypass goes it seemed to take some effort to turn it in the plastic block, ie. it didn’t turn what I would call freely. Is that the way it is supposed to be?
Also the flow sensor appears to be the same one that was on the machine when the black box monitor was on there and it worked then but I will check it out.

Also the dealer had me look at the YMIU first and when I confirmed that the green led on top was flashing he seemed to think that it must be getting signal from all the sensors. I’m starting to lose confidence in his skill level and wondering if a reading of zero is still a reading but doesn’t trigger the unit to log yield because either flow or moisture is zero.

The auger should turn freely (it shouldn't flop around, but it shouldn't take any effort to turn it); if it's binding because of rust, corrosion, dirt, debris, etc, it will cause the motor to work harder, and can blow the bypass fuse (#35 in the fuse and relay panel). I'd polish up the end of the auger with some emery cloth, dab a little white grease on it, and put it back together.

The green LED on the YMIU indicates that the unit is powered, and if it is flashing about 1x/sec, it is communicating on the CAN bus. It does NOT indicate that it is getting signals from all the sensors, or that the signals are valid, or anything else. If the light is SOLID green (not flashing), there is either an internal failure or the YMIU is connected to the dealer's diagnostic laptop.

Good luck getting the YMIU connectors loose... Careful you don't pull any wires out of the connectors.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)