AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere ATU to a Envizio Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Herbie56
Posted 9/28/2018 05:10 (#7013334 - in reply to #7010839)
Subject: RE: John Deere ATU to a Envizio Pro

Coles County, Illinois
The only challenge to getting a Raven Smartrax MD to work with your 6615 would be getting the anti-rotation bracket installed. Raven "engineered" one for me for my 4630. I then modified it to run my 6620 that Raven actually said I wouldn't be able to get it to work. I had to lie to it on some setup parameters but we use it all the time in soybeans and maybe 50% in corn. If I would get TerraStar in the fall we'd probably use it more in corn.

I'd go on Raven's Chat site and see if they'd tackle a custom kit for you. They did not charge extra for mine.

Edit: I went on JD parts and looked at your steering column and it appears an anti-rotation bracket would be similar to a 4440. This would be a split collar with a slotted bracket welded to it. All they would need to know is the diameter of the steering collar (it doesn't rotate with steering wheel and is under the ribbed trim piece), the spline configuration of your steering wheel (example 7/8" 21 splines) and maybe if the bracket needs any offset in order for the pin to engage. (It's really simple look at the install directions for a 4440.)

Edited by Herbie56 9/28/2018 05:30
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)