AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Outback S3 and a Dry Fert. Spreader: Grid Spreading questions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

GM Guy
Posted 10/2/2018 21:03 (#7022255 - in reply to #7019872)
Subject: RE: Outback S3 and a Dry Fert. Spreader: Grid Spreading questions

NW KS/ SC ID
Well, it turned out "fairly" well. :)

I ended up just choosing a second a-b line, didnt try to get it exactly perpendicular.

My coverage map is appalling and looks as if I was drunk. Driving at night with no lights will do that.... :) Alternator died, so I kept the lights off to conserve juice for the S3, so I ran till 11 PM staring at the screen... The dew was rolling in, so I wanted to get the cart empty.

Knowing what I know now, the 40 Rock seemed to have excellent spread pattern, so I really should have at least tried 2 passes at full rate to see if I could get an even pattern, as I was unable to get half rate, adjuster handle was bottomed out against the body of the machine and I was at roughly 1.2 inches, I needed to be at 1 inch. So I spread everywhere but the low spots, figuring I would end up with some nutrients in the bottom ground due to runoff anyhow.

So, it was sloppy, but at least I only have myself to blame and I didnt have to pay the application fee, should only take a few years of use before the spreader pays for itself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)