AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere SeedStar Mobile
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

superfordman
Posted 9/20/2018 21:55 (#6999836 - in reply to #6999135)
Subject: RE: John Deere SeedStar Mobile

NE CO
I've got quite a few guys hooked up with it and they really enjoy it. However comparing those two apples to apples isn't really the same, if I understand you right. Connect Mobile Planting (use to be SS Mobile) actually maps row by row what the planter is doing, i.e. actual pop, spacing, singulation, etc. If you're just looking at basic FV and a drive, then that isn't much different from what your display is recording now, just sends it to an iPad. To get the same thing through FV you'd also need to have a 20/20 in the cab that then sends the row by row info to the iPad to map it.

The big benefits of Connect Mobile is its wireless to the cab, everything is on the planter, so just find a place in the cab for your iPad and you're good to go. Like said before its free for life as well, so just buy the hardware and you're good there, no yearly subscription. The ability to few all the mobile maps will be available in ops center here shortly as well. It was a little buggy when it first came out and had some issues here and there, but the latest Connect Mobile app is pretty bullet proof and didn't have any issues this spring with it, just make sure you have a newer version iPad to run the app. Keep in mind you need to have a planter with SeedStar XP to run that already shows you those readings in real time. One cool thing we see with it is it always picks ups issues/changes/etc. a few seconds before the display, like a plugged row usually shows up on the app first so can be a few moments quicker on stuff like that.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)