AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Introductory Precision Electronics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Thefarmer3
Posted 9/19/2018 20:09 (#6997557 - in reply to #6997501)
Subject: RE: Introductory Precision Electronics

When you buy a new display, it comes with basic functions. Usually mapping, auto steering and such. If you want to do rate control, it costs money to have the dealer put in a code to unlock the feature. Ag leader is probably one of the best all around brands but also expensive. Outback precision is a 3rd party gps seller that is big in europe and i plan on trying them when i get the money. You can get a rebel 6 to 8 inch accuracy hydraulic auto steer kit (available for a lot of equipment) that is a complete setup for one machine for about 5500 dollars and you can buy unlocks for doing other stuff such as a yield monitor(kit is from loup electroncs using the rebel display) and operating a sprayer. Trimble is another manufacturer of everything too but i have heard mixed reviews on how easy it is to operate everything. Im starting to looking into this too and it gets expensive quick. Also trimble has farm management software that just came out but im not sure how good it is. Climate.com is kind of nifty too which im just starting to play around with. You can watch ebay for parts or whole kits as well plus i just got added to a group on facebook for precision ag buy and sell. Have fun fyi, you dont hear much about outback now but that should be changing soon. The precision ag line just changed hands from ag junction to hemisphere and i talked to a manager not to long ago and he said more advertising and new products are coming

Edited by Thefarmer3 9/19/2018 20:19
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)