AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Introductory Precision Electronics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

nwpa93
Posted 9/19/2018 19:49 (#6997501 - in reply to #6997397)
Subject: RE: Introductory Precision Electronics

NW, Pennsylvania
STFB - 9/19/2018 18:56

I have a similar line up to yours and I went with Ag Leader. Grab your wallet because if you want to start down this rabbit hole, its expensive. I justified it by being mid thirties and having a longer time frame to pay for its self. Here is what I remember roughly what my cost were and bought most of it used when I could.

That's my exact line of thought too. I am 25 and looking to integrate newer tech in my existing old tech.

Integra- $2250 with mutli product unlocked. Thought I had the deal of the century and getting set up was going to be easy..... Turns out to be one of my most expensive purchase.
6500 antenna new- $1700 for wass. Can buy terra subscription every buy I decide to avoid subscription and use cellular correction, so add RTK unlock for $4500
Tractor wiring harness $300 something dollars and wire to antenna $100
Since have RTK, might as well get steering, Ontrac 2+ $2225 (MDU and ecu) + $300 install kit

Are these upgrades only available for newer tractors? All my tractors are old steel (70's and 80's).

Tractor is now done and now to get it controlling stuff. Please note anytime you hear module, it means $1000+ new.... So I bought used.
Planter Seed tube monitor module- $450. Wire harness to sensors, $350. wire from module to tractor wire harness $150
Liquid products module- $600. Wire harness to control valve and flow meter $100. wire harness to shut off valves $100. Actual control valve $250, flow meter $350, set of three shut off valves $450

The first year, I just moved the liquid module, valves and wiring from the planter to sidedress to sprayer.... As I find deals, I add them so I don't have to swap stuff out so much.

Combine I think you will be looking at $2800 for yield monitor kit.... Mine was $2100 because I have to update from pf to can. Then $300 for main wire harness, $100 wire to antenna

Finally you need SMS ($650) to view your data and make basic prescriptions.... And of coarse, the $100 annual subscription fee

My basic translation is wire= $100, wire harness= $300, module = $1000, Unlock= $850 to $1500

Do you find modules on Ag Talks's classifieds? Are there any other sources to find them? I do not really want to buy new because it wont prevent me from planting next year if I do not have them. Not having enough money for seed will.

What does it mean when something is 'unlocked'? Does it have features available that are not normally available unless you have a subscription?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)