AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Introductory Precision Electronics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

STFB
Posted 9/19/2018 18:56 (#6997397 - in reply to #6997221)
Subject: RE: Introductory Precision Electronics

Northwest Ohio
I have a similar line up to yours and I went with Ag Leader. Grab your wallet because if you want to start down this rabbit hole, its expensive. I justified it by being mid thirties and having a longer time frame to pay for its self. Here is what I remember roughly what my cost were and bought most of it used when I could.

Integra- $2250 with mutli product unlocked. Thought I had the deal of the century and getting set up was going to be easy..... Turns out to be one of my most expensive purchase.
6500 antenna new- $1700 for wass. Can buy terra subscription every buy I decide to avoid subscription and use cellular correction, so add RTK unlock for $4500
Tractor wiring harness $300 something dollars and wire to antenna $100
Since have RTK, might as well get steering, Ontrac 2+ $2225 (MDU and ecu) + $300 install kit

Tractor is now done and now to get it controlling stuff. Please note anytime you hear module, it means $1000+ new.... So I bought used.
Planter Seed tube monitor module- $450. Wire harness to sensors, $350. wire from module to tractor wire harness $150
Liquid products module- $600. Wire harness to control valve and flow meter $100. wire harness to shut off valves $100. Actual control valve $250, flow meter $350, set of three shut off valves $450

The first year, I just moved the liquid module, valves and wiring from the planter to sidedress to sprayer.... As I find deals, I add them so I don't have to swap stuff out so much.

Combine I think you will be looking at $2800 for yield monitor kit.... Mine was $2100 because I have to update from pf to can. Then $300 for main wire harness, $100 wire to antenna

Finally you need SMS ($650) to view your data and make basic prescriptions.... And of coarse, the $100 annual subscription fee

My basic translation is wire= $100, wire harness= $300, module = $1000, Unlock= $850 to $1500

Edited by STFB 9/19/2018 18:57
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)