AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

S series mass flow offset
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

AVP_Matt
Posted 9/19/2018 09:07 (#6996459)
Subject: S series mass flow offset

Hennepin, IL
Went out to calibrate a customer's combine in beans and the first cal load measured 0 pounds throughout the whole load. Flipped to the mass flow sensor diagnostic page and watched it while we combined a bit. As we combined, the min and max numbers would move like I felt they should (150 was base for both, max could get up to 300, min would get up to 160-170). However it was registering 0 for the flow number. At the top of the page, the offset was set to 368, which I thought was kind of an odd number, then again, I don't know the inner workings of that system. If we stopped real quick, we could make that max number jump up above the 368 offset and it would register flow for an instant is all. Just wondering if any of you JD techs out there have seen this before and what we should do to fix it. He had a tech out there yesterday and they couldn't make heads or tails of it. He's in corn now and says it appears to be working as it should, but I'm assuming since it's in corn, that max number is just above the offset the majority of the time. I'm afraid to calibrate it in corn until we figure that offset out in case one of the lower flow loads doesn't register anything. Thanks in advance.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)