AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Drying about 200 bushels of corn or less ?'s
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

hf213
Posted 9/19/2018 08:57 (#6996430)
Subject: Drying about 200 bushels of corn or less ?'s

I have a field I would like to install a new bridge in over a ditch . The problem is I have corn in the field. If I shelled 8 rows to where I want to put the bridge, I would end up with less than 200 bushels of corn harvested, probably more like 100 bushels.
I thought about building it on the road side, but the banks are a little steeper on that side, and I have to scrape out about 3-4 " from the bottom for the tile to set in correctly, and then I am not messing around with traffic either, even though its on road that does not get a lot of traffic, it would be safer to work off the field side.

I dont have any beans close to being ready and could install this bridge in about 2 days easy.

I shelled out some ears by hand and it tested 24.7 at the local elevator.

My 3 closest elevators are not set up and taking wet corn yet....

So....I thought about putting a thin layer in my 18 ft Tandem bed, and maybe a little in 2 hopper wagons, let them out side in the sun and wind and stir them once in a while to dry it to where it would not spoil, then haul it in when elevator is ready.
I could put a layer in my 34 ft dump trailer too, to make it thinner layers.

I have no grain bins, so this is what I have to work with .

Would this work with the high temps we have been having....Thinking of doing it next week or so

The other thought I had was lay a 6" field tile in a loop, and hook up a 8" axial fan ( Harbor Freight ) and let it run for a few days and monitor / keep an eye on it....I have done this to dry down some cereal rye one year, but that was just for cover crop...

Your thoughts appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)