AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What can I expect
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

SKS
Posted 9/19/2018 07:59 (#6996311)
Subject: What can I expect

NWIA
Author : SKS
SWIA
Posted 9/19/2018 07:47
Subject: What can I expect

I bought a new Chevy pickup on 9/6. It had been the dealership’s curtesy vehicle and had 2040 miles on it. Came with full factory warranty and all the other perks of buying new. On 9/8 we left on vacation pulling a fold down camper. 20 miles down the road the service engine light starts flashing and engine powers down. Limped it into nearby Chevrolet dealership and tried the on Star feature. They ran diagnostics and could find nothing wrong. Dealer did the same and nothing also. When they returned from a test drive a huge cloud of smoke came out as they pulled in the drive. Ran second diagnostic and got codes for several miss fires. Next they put it on the hoist and we found oil leaking from both front and back of motor.

I call dealership where I bought it and they bring a courtesy vehicle to us and send us on our way. They called yesterday and said my vehicle is done. All I know at this point is that they put in new cam seals and they can’t explain why they would fail. This gives me a very uneasy feeling about owning this truck. Having only had this truck for 2 days is it possible to walk away from this deal. This dealership has gone above and beyond in my opinion to keep me happy but not sure they will go this far.
Profile Private message E-mail Homepage
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)