AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Quantum settings question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dm450
Posted 9/19/2018 07:59 (#6996310)
Subject: Quantum settings question

We are coming from an older Barber Colman moisture controller on a full heat, continuous flow dryer. Dad ran this dryer for 15+ years and as long as corn coming out was 16.2-16.5%, then putting air from bins on it always got us down to real close to 15% target moisture.

Upgraded dryers for more capacity and now have a Quantum. I have the "Dry Moisture Target" set at 15%, the bin coefficient was set by service tech at .33

Calibrating moistures/temp IN and OUT after segment 7 has passed on a GAC 2500 until they are spot on. 8-1cup samples taken over 2 minutes on ea calibration

Ran dryer for 2.5 days and the moving target on the main run screen was always to high in our opinion, 16.8-17.2%. If I'm correct that is because based on exit temps and once cooled out by putting air on bin it should be 15%.

Over two days on air and we are at 15.5% in bin.

I'd really like to see that moving target closer to 16.2-16.5%

Really long way to get to the question. Should I change the "Dry Moisture Target" down half point to 14.5% to get that half point out or decrease bin coefficient till it gets to desired exit moisture percentage?

Northern IL for location, roughly 90 degree days when dryer was running.

(IMG_0456 (full).JPG)

(IMG_0458 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_0456 (full).JPG (164KB - 48 downloads)
Attachments IMG_0458 (full).JPG (131KB - 45 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)