AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What all is needed to yield map with a 7230?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

dpilot83
Posted 9/14/2018 20:21 (#6988418)
Subject: What all is needed to yield map with a 7230?

I will be renting a CIH 7230 for corn harvest (some who read this may remember it was going to be a 6088 but the owner traded for a 7230). I need to get yield maps.

My combine will be running with it. My combine is a Gleaner S67 with AgLeader yield monitoring (Integra).

The 7230 has a Pro 700 which I imagine I won’t like as much as the Integra but I’ll get by. It does not have a Nav II or Nav III or a receiver.

I may just start looking for used stuff now. The owner really doesn’t need it to do yield mapping. If I buy a 372 and Nav II used I doubt it will cost me much overall because I should be able to sell it later.

Is Nav II and 372 what I want or should I be looking at a Nav III and some other better receiver? Is there anything else I will need?

I’m under the impression that the factory yield monitor on a 7230 should be comparable in accuracy to my AgLeader setup (even used AgLeader impact plate and so on, yes?). I suppose I need to come up with the correct Case branded USB drive to back up the maps lightly as the Pro 700 may not be terribly reliable? What gotchas are there with the Pro 700?

Thanks.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)