AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pivot Monitor Subscriptions
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

caseihfarmer
Posted 9/14/2018 20:56 (#6988536 - in reply to #6987941)
Subject: RE: Pivot Monitor Subscriptions

East Central, Nebraska
I have tried them all and feel as if agsense has the best of all worlds.

the new fieldnets are okay but the most stupidly expensive out there for both hardware and subscriptions what they used to have was crap.

agsense field commanders cost $1095 for the hardware then another 2-300 or so for subscription. agsense was my favorite until I had a couple get struck by lightning and I had to replace them. they also disappointed me when all the sudden I started getting subscription bills from a valley dealer I had never dealt with for service. they have some decent features, reading pressure and endgun control being my favorite.

net irrigate shines if you only want to monitor. with them you have 0 hardware cost and just an annual subscription that is comparable to others. I believe the standard is $279 but they run discount deals a lot. at husker harvest days they were giving a free 'alexa' (not really sure what it is called, maybe 'dot') anyhow they were giving you one of those and taking $50 off. they were showing how you could ask alexa the status of our pivot. I thought it was pretty cool. they are also moving to satellite instead of cellular to eliminate any future modem issues.

I think before I took the fieldnet route (again) and I had a bunch of money to spend I would look at the valley iconx. it is kind of an agsense system, interfaces the old panel the same as fieldnet but has a cool touch screen display on it. it works on the agsense network so the subscription fees would be the same. my brother put on a new fieldnet and I thought I was okay until I saw this valley iconx

just my opinion from what I have seen.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)