AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Equipment right for 80 acre farm
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

eckarsp
Posted 9/14/2018 13:10 (#6987885 - in reply to #6987823)
Subject: RE: Equipment right for 80 acre farm

Lots of good info/questions/thoughts being brought up here. I might just print this thread out and use as some more discussion points with the guy and his family. Helped him for many years, operated and wrenched equipment. Also realize that's different than actually running the show. No one's made a firm commitment yet, just working through it for now.
The owner, while not physically able to do the work, is pretty sharp in the head and will advise me - as will the guy who has been cash renting and now retiring as well. Told me he's open to helping with advice if needed. So I've got a support system. Don't think equipment will mess with me too bad as I'm pretty good at wrenching/troubleshooting. The selling and that kind of thing is going to be where I will need some substantial assistance.

I've get 4 weeks of vacation + personal days and I'm guessing I would use at least one week for farming, maybe a few more. Wife grew up on a dairy farm, so she knows what it's all about. She knows how much I like the work and so far is all for it.

The family's real nice. Knows my family well, I went to school with a few of their girls, we all go way back. They approached me about this whole venture. Will be quite the experiment if we do it.

Appreciate all the input - it's why I came here.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)