AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Terrastar C won’t converge
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/13/2018 10:57 (#6986010 - in reply to #6985754)
Subject: RE: Terrastar C won’t converge

Southern Minnesota Between Freeborn & Wells
fox128 - 9/13/2018 08:21

So it’s not the firmware that changed this summer, it was something with the terrastar/ satellites that changed that is not compatable with the previous firmware?

I think that it correct. I drove my planting tractor out in the open and checked the 6500 GPS firmware version number. Mine started with 6073 where yours shows 6061. Apparently I had mine updated after August 2017 as it appears to be current. Mine appears to continue to work as I would expect. I got the degraded GPS message. I then brought up the screen showing Convergence. It started at about 110.x inches and proceeded to improve to the 30 inch point where the GPS icon went green. It continued to improve, so I feel I'm good to go.

I then updated the InCommand itself to V 3.5 (probably unnecessary since the updates don't apply to me). The InCommand restarted and the TerraStar convergence process started again with the expected response.

I think the update is the answer for you. Ag Leader restricts this to dealer only as there can be some confusion in the process for the average Joe.

Edited by tedbear 9/13/2018 11:04
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)