AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cloud services? Which?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/11/2018 10:35 (#6982099)
Subject: Cloud services? Which?

southern MN
I have avoided cloud services.

I am somewhat computer literate, and back up my own stuff as much as reasonable on my own equipment. When my iPad died a couple weeks ago, I find I forgot one longin/password from 6 years ago and perhaps the last 9 days worth of photos I snapped.

I deal in lots of data, my old iPad had 12,000 photos on it. It had lots of data tucked in various apps as well.

In most cases the passwords and tucked away data doesn’t go to the cloud anyhow....

I drone a lot, and I stick a GoPro on a lot of equipment. These are 2-4 gig files a piece, I can fill a terabyte backup drive in a hurry. I really don’t see any advantage to paying some service to try to back this stuff up on 8-15g internet connection we have around here (with .5 to 1g upload it’s silly) my internet would be dedicated to only backups at those speeds for 12 hours a day, and if I needed the backups, good luck retrieving all that data....

So, I just avoid the cloud. I’m a private fella, don’t like spreading all my info all over the internet. Which is odd, I really don’t have anything to hide.

Anyhow. I do my own backups and will continue to avoid any sort of big cloud use.

Windows 10 recently updated and is no nagging me about finalizing their cloud account. I neEd to shut that nag down.

My new iPad was set to use the cloud, I didn’t even know, it just started nagging me that the free size is full and I should need to pay x amount for more room. Need to turn that off. I would fill the new size in a few more weeks....

But, I see the cloud is the future, and having a free 5-10gig setup out there will be handy or needed as we move into the future.

Which account works for ‘everything’ to go with my mix of Windows, iOS, and all that?

What cloud do I want for small but universal uses?

Paul

Edited by paul the original 9/11/2018 10:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)