AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Locked acer..
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Tanky
Posted 9/13/2018 17:12 (#6986465 - in reply to #6985939)
Subject: RE: Locked acer..

dpilot83 - 9/13/2018 10:02

There is no reason to edit the order of that screen (although it should be easy to do so).

Your computer is first checking to see if there is a bootable cd in the cd drive. If there is not it checks for a bootable removeable device such as a USB drive. If there is not then it checks to see if the hard drive is bootable. If it’s not booting to your USB drive then the likely cause is that your USB drive is not bootable.

It could also be that there are security settings or something else somewhere else in the BIOS that prevents you from booting to a USB drive. Or perhaps your computer is old enough that it cannot boot from a USB drive.

I should have asked this at the beginning. How is it that you ended up with a computer that you don’t know the password to? DKO posted in this thread so he must not be too worried about it but generally helping someone unlock a computer on a forum is kinda taboo.

I bought the acer 704g from walmart..a couple years ago. It ran like a p.o.s..Called
walmart about bringing it back they said sure...but soon. Knew I needed a decent putr' so went
ahead and bought an acer 603g..this one. Left the 704g in the box..forgot about it.
Was curious a few weeks ago what files were on it...Tried to fire it up and couldn't
get past the login screen...I always write my passwords down but couldn't find it.

end of story...It isn't critical that I get into the system...The help I've been
getting has been very educational...never tried to mess around in the bios before..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)