AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Newbie, 1020 Fore & Aft issue.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Smallfarmer83
Posted 9/2/2018 21:28 (#6966042)
Subject: Newbie, 1020 Fore & Aft issue.

South Central Indiana
This is a new to me 1989 (1680)combine and model year of 89/90ish 20 foot single drive head. I've been thru the entire combine and head now, over the last 6 weeks on and off as time allowed. Hooked the header up tonight and all was well, I thought. I hit the switch to slide the reel in and it did just that, went to slide it out and nothing happened. You can hear and see the rpm drop when the switch is pressed either way now. Can hear the hydraulics Moan when switch is flipped either direction. I triple check to make sure all lines are hooked up right. They are. I switch the reel lift to see if I could push the reel out with it and it went about 2" and stopped. Switched hoses again, and all works fine, reel up and down, reel turns and speed adjusts with the dial, but stilll no fore aft...any ideas. I've read all the old post on here I could find and there was talk of a bad quick coupler ? May try that, and bleed the lines and make sure the ball is not stuck and that it's moving freely. TIA !!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)