AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Changing monitors in Miller 5240 from a Viper Pro
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Magicmatt41
Posted 9/1/2018 20:58 (#6964153)
Subject: Changing monitors in Miller 5240 from a Viper Pro

Have a 2013 Miller 5240 with Raven Viper Pro, Accuboom, Boom Height, smartraxx 3D, & Sidekick. All of these were factory and raven. On our previous sprayer we ran with FM 1000 and field IQ with ez-steers. The EZ steere kicks the smartraxx in tail area. We don’t like that is doesn’t do grower, Farm, field, task or event like FM 1000 or Pro 700. I am not sure if I can even import Raven stuff into SMS?

So since everything is Raven I was thinking of upgrading to Viper 4 plus, but I am wondering if that would improve the guidance?

After reading some of the previous post about Raven stuff not being compatible with SMS I trying to come up with other options.

First in my mind would be using a Pro 700 or intelliview 4 like in the New Holland version of the Sprayer. (Main reason for this because we have a couple 372 receiver unlocked to RTK)
First question is would be able to use the raven boom height accuboom note with Pro 700? I know the sidekick won’t work.
Second question is what would I have replace to make a Nav II work? And what would that Cost?

If we could make a Incommand 1200 with steer command work with a 372 receiver we would probable do that.
Does this work with any of the accuboom and boom height system.

Next option would intregra( have for running a tile plow) or in comman 1200 ( possibly trade the integration in) running on trac 3. I believe we can run that with a 372. Would that run guidance better then a smartraxx?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)