AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

InCommand 1200 Map Issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/2/2018 10:46 (#6964894 - in reply to #6964774)
Subject: RE: InCommand 1200 Map Issue

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
piratepride2 - 9/1/2018 21:31

3 section 3pt sprayer. Middle section is about a foot less than the two outer sections.

Issue only occurs if I am facing opposite direction of initial spray tracks.

That shoots down the idea of a GPS offset.

Our sprayers sound very similar. Mine is a 60' 3 section with a center section of 30' and the outer sections at 15'. I have used this with an Insight and 332 with a Nav II but now an InCommand 1200 with SteerCommand in the same Deere 8120. I have never experienced the "going backwards" problem that some have complained about. I was told this was because I have auto steer. I don't see how that would be related to your problem anyway.

What are you using for correction? WAAS can have some rather severe jumps but this seems considerable.

Has this happened in several fields? I have had a few mysteries through the years that have never been resolved with certain fields. I had one field where auto swath worked fine on one end but shut off too soon and turned on too late on the other end. These turn on/off errors lined up nicely. It was as if the system thought that I had made an extra pass on one end. The map depiction was accurate. If I had let auto swath do its thing when I finished the field there would have been a one swath pass that was not sprayed. The map depiction would have shown that. Rather than fight it, I just shut off auto swath when working on that end of the field and shut the booms off manually. Once I got close to the other end, I would activate auto swath and let it control the booms as usual. This problem only occured in that field but happened again for a subsequent application. I deleted the field and created a new one where auto swath worked as expected.

Edited by tedbear 9/2/2018 10:48
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)