AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

rotator cuff tear treatment update.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

gene_champ
Posted 8/30/2018 07:55 (#6959462)
Subject: rotator cuff tear treatment update.

NC Iowa
so, i had the appointment with the surgeon and went over the mri. he had very specific criteria to evaluate the injury and determining if i was a candidate for a likely successful outcome. he was fairly certain that he could improve my condition. he was also sure that no matter the final outcome, i would not be worse off than i am now.

his main concern was that one tendon was stretched, and thin. that that muscle had atrophied, was not in real good condition either. the tendon would have to be stretched to be reattached, and could fail more easily if re-injured.

the surgeon was an older and well experienced. very straight with the facts of the case, and didn't sugar coat anything. he has good online reviews by those that wrote a review, although some not related to shoulder surgery.

i am not sure if this is a fairly standard type of surgery, or if there are other more advanced techniques that may be available that would be better for my specific injury. i have found no way to research this issue. it looks like i need to ask that question of him, but maybe choose wording carefully. Mayo clinic in Rochester is not that far away, and could make arrangements to go there if necessary.

right now i am planning on going with him. he could get me in next week, but i have crop in the field. i set up an appointment for the surgery toward the of October, and intend to go ahead with it.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)