AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hammond organ problem
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

billw
Posted 8/27/2018 03:51 (#6952791 - in reply to #6952699)
Subject: RE: Hammond organ problem

E. Kansas
Best way to start is to get a good pic of the serial number tag so the exact model and serial no. can be referenced, and post it here. It should indicate the line voltage and frequency, as that varies throughout the world. As you're aware, never under-estimate AgTalk readership and networking possibilities. Also specify any additional information, such as if the organ is running through external speakers, and what they are, such as a Leslie, and any known modifications and servicing that was done.

From your description, it sounds like the organ is what Hammond referred to as an LSI series, meaning Large Scale Integration regarding the electronic components. It is totally different technology than the older tonewheel series organs, such as a B3, C3, A100, etc and their predecessors that were electro-mechanical organs with moving mechanical parts (tonewheel generator), point-to-point wiring with tubes, etc., which is the type I'm into.

The LSI's were sometimes noted for connector/board interface issues, and the connectors are sometimes quite fragile due to age. They may not be making proper contact at all points and can sometimes loosen when the organ is moved. Be careful with various cleaners, etc as they can dissolve or weaken some plastics. Components on the boards can be failing too.

I'm on a Hammond forum of players, enthusiasts and techs, and there are guys there from Australia. Most are into the tonewheel series, but some know details about LSI series too. I can post there looking for someone to help you and to contact you directly. Please email me your preferred contact information, organ location, etc, and I will post there. Email in my profile is good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)