AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

iPad died
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

paul the original
Posted 8/25/2018 11:03 (#6949433 - in reply to #6949354)
Subject: RE: iPad died

southern MN
Those things you mention I actually have well backed up, without cloud or iTunes. iTunes on a pc is pretty poor user experience....

What I miss is passwords and logins for dozens of apps or uses. I jot stuff down on scraps of paper, but so many things I set up quick to test or see and don’t figure it’s important at the time....

6 years later, a lot of little bits and pieces are missing. Or, well, in some pile of old papers somewhere are some bits of paper I wish I could easily get.

I got a lot of life out of that iPad. Probably easier if a person changes devices a little more often, I should be more of a throw away person like normal people.

Cloud, hum. My iPad was stuffed at 65 gig. I’m tickled pink I can get 14g internet speed, 1 upload speed. Most clouds offer 5-50 gig of space? Now with the drone I’m using 128gig thumb drives with my iPad. I’m just not all into what the cloud offers in my location and needs. Not impressed.

But.

I sure think about it, as I look for little scraps of paper, cloud would be nice to push a button and get everything back. (Tho, I wouldn’t get back the stuff I’m trying to get back....)

No big deal, but just idle thoughts for those reading along.

So, what I wish:

I was better at organizing my stuff, passwords and such in one notebook. Sounds easy but I know several out there are built like me, and it just doesn’t work in our heads...

I wish I had printed out the Notes I had in my old iPad. It was only 3-4 pages, but it was one line bits of info I referenced all the time. I don’t think they back up to cloud or iTunes.

I wish I had figured out a way to offload pdf files from iBooks. Apple only backs up the stuff you buy from them, don’t allow any easy way to move 150 pdf files. Dang them.

Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)