AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What got all my barn cats???
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

thefoolishfarmer
Posted 8/20/2018 07:51 (#6939055)
Subject: What got all my barn cats???

South cental Ohio
Have about 10-15 barn cats, the kind that you look at but can't pet or pick up. Vary in size from half grown to adult. I give them a little cat food every night in the older wooden barn with a hayloft. The cats stay close to the barn because of my dogs and there is barely enough room for the cats to get under the barn door so the barn is like a "safe place" for the cats. There is also numerous objects in this barn ( such as tires, feeders, silo blower, you name it LOL) that the cats could hide in. Now here's the story------- I went in the barn to feed them last night...thought it unusual that I saw no cats running to the food dish... I went ahead and opened the garbage can that I keep their food in ( which makes a lot of noise and they always come running) and put food out in their bowl---- still no cats. I looked around and I found one half grown cat laying there on the floor dead. Looked like its throat had been gashed and maybe a few scrapes on its body. Not wet or mauled looking. Where's the rest of my cats and what happened to them ?????? There are coyotes around but I can't imagine any coyote, dog, or whatever getting every cat---especially with all the safe places in this barn to hide. Any ideas??? I'll let you know later if any show back up.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)