AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Recommended hog manure application setup
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Gerard
Posted 8/18/2018 11:01 (#6936026 - in reply to #6935460)
Subject: RE: Recommended hog manure application setup

Woodham, Ontario
We primarily dairy and we have 2000 finishers. I try to drag as much as possible. I have been doing it for 11 years and I still learn things all the time. It takes some time to set up, but once you get going with the drag house pumping 1500+ gal per minute you get a lot done fast.

I have 1650' of draghose and I can cover 100 acres on a pretty square field without moving. Odd shapes make it more work. most setups are 50+ acres. I use a 7230R to pull 5.5" hardhose and the tractor runs at 1200 RPM all day. You don't need a 4wd. I have a 275 HP lead pump and a 225 HP booster pump and I can go 1.5 miles very easy. Could do 2 miles if I had more hose.

I have ordered a second manure tank this year for the more distant fields. To reduce compaction I have Agribrink Central tire inflation system on the tanks. It allows me to run the tires at 42 PSI on the road and drop them to 17 in the field on a 7000 gallon Tandam axle tank. The new tank will be a three axle Nuhn 9500 gal tank, should be able to run the tire pressures even lower in the field. I think around 12 PSI.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)