AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bats and .410 or .22 bird shot vs roof?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

WItitan2
Posted 8/17/2018 17:06 (#6934936)
Subject: Bats and .410 or .22 bird shot vs roof?

Pierce county WI
So we have a really cool old Victorian house. I always tried to stay out of the attic, cause occasionally there was a bat or 2. Never got in the house, just see one up in the attic. A few years ago, we had a new steel roof on the house. We've been fixing it up, rebuilt the laundry room, garage, some sheetrock. Now this fall, some more windows. I have replaced a couple, but going to do a bunch more. The best thing that ever happened to this house was my wife! It has the old solid hardwood doors, floors, and supposedly the trim was imported from Germany. It even has a stained glass window and an etched glass door.
Well, back to bats.......... After never having a bat in the house, we got a few in the house this summer, and my wife is PISSED! So, after doing some inspecting, I see they got in through the chimney that runs up the middle of the house. We don't use the old chimney anymore. The roofers knocked it down and just tinned over the hole. I also saw there is a family of bats in the attic. Hell hath no fury like a man who has been scorned by a woman that doesn't like bats............ So these bats need to die right now! I want to shoot them. Unfortunately, my .357, 12 gauge, or 30/30 seem like a bad idea for the sake of the house! Would a .410 with game load or #8 shot work good? Or a .22 with bird shot? Any other ideas?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)