AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How old too old buy land
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

SouthCentralKansas
Posted 8/17/2018 20:36 (#6935299 - in reply to #6935217)
Subject: RE: How old too old buy land

KS
On farm side, there is crop insurance fraud, farming on shares and not delivering all the harvested crop in landowners name. The sky is the limit for someone who thinks they won’t get caught. Run down a farmer’s reputation to a landlord to get ground rented and so on.

Once your eyes are open to thieving you start to see it, particularly if you have ever been in business with someone who steals from you non-stop while making it to church every Sunday. I was a little slow hiring an attorney which really screwed me, but at least I didn’t engage in the criminal activity he wanted me to, he would have used it as blackmail which is super common. My attorney said I could have gone to prison had I gone along with it and been caught.

You hire work done on your home and get a quote, they start work and then say wow there is a lot more wrong with it, it is going to cost twice as much, but I will provide materials at my cost to help you out. You call the supplier and find out their “cost is 20% more than general public cost” and there was no way they could have done the work at the original quote, bait and switch. Overcharge and make you think you are getting a deal. Auto shops are obvious.

These guys play the averages when stealing. They will get caught sometimes and have to refund or worst case lawyer costs but they come out way far ahead when taking into account all the stealing. Typically they structure it where hiring an attorney to recover what they stole costs more than what they stole and your attorney says it isn’t worth it, I have experienced this so much it is ridiculious.

I am not saying everyone in business does it, but I wouldn’t be surprised if most do. Just like most employees steal, if not directly then through time.

Not a commie, just a realist. What we have is the best of the worst, there is no solving the corruptibility of man, but only the ignorant and fools fail to see humanity for what it is.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)