AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

VRT grid soil sample difference
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

satman
Posted 8/17/2018 11:38 (#6934457 - in reply to #6934266)
Subject: RE: VRT grid soil sample difference

Langdon, ND
If you soil tested in any form the in the same spot every year you'll probably get different results since you're likely to be a few feet away or more from the last test taken. I think this is a common issue many have seen as well. I think it is a big reason going to zones may be increasing since your really averaging a specific zone due to certain characteristics like yield, elevation, field health, ec, etc... It can give you a more average baseline instead of this entire grid is exactly this one test, which often is misleading hence the issues and differences you are seeing.

I would look into zoning using other datasets and I think you would find your end results making more sense for how the field actually reacts. It is far from perfect but I think gives a better baseline long term since zones in fields should be generally same year after year if you find the right data. It does ebb and flow some depending on weather, crop, and other practices but the baseline area usually results in similar results year after year.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)