AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Admin for a Day, Part 4.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 8/17/2018 14:28 (#6934727 - in reply to #6934608)
Subject: RE: Admin for a Day, Part 4.

northeastern Ohio
milofarmer1 - 8/17/2018 13:01

I'm not very good at legalese, but I think you are looking at that code in reverse. That is to protect an administrator from being held liable because they [the site administrator] restricted access or removed material. The administrators are not violating your first amendment by removing your obscene posts. In other words.

e.g. DKO takes down posts all the time, and the users have no legal recourse for whatever reason. It is their site, and you are at their mercy on allowing your posts or not. Exactly as it should be.

Pretty sure that code is not intended to protect an internet service from liable.

Milofarmer,
Yes, you are correct, I quoted the wrong code for this particular instance. Here is what I what I should have wrote:

Dear Sir,
According to the Communications Decency Act of 1996: No provider or user of an interactive computer service shall be treated as the publisher or speaker of any information provided by another information content provider.
Section 230 of said act further provides that "[n]o cause of action may be brought and no liability may be imposed under any State or local law that is inconsistent with this section."
For more details, please review the information at the following link:
http://www.dmlp.org/legal-guide/immunity-online-publishers-under-co...
Sincerely, DKO

That should be an adequate response, but again I am not a lawyer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)