AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Admin for a Day, Part 4.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

dko_scOH
Posted 8/17/2018 09:43 (#6934258)
Subject: Admin for a Day, Part 4.

39.48, -82.98

It's been a while since we've done one of these.

AgTalk is being threatened with legal action unless we remove a certain thread. I got the e-mail this morning; I have until this afternoon.

A Web forum is a place for the free exchange of information. You enter knowing that some of the information will be more accurate than the rest -- and some may be completely wrong. It's up to you to sort it out, to follow up on claims, to arrive at your own opinion. I exercise no editorial control and cannot vouch for what others say. My objective is to provide a free and open forum, subject to reasonable rules of decorum.

Every so often we are contacted by a company representative who feels that they were treated unfairly in a post. Without revealing too many specifics, this most recent threat is from a company that is already engaged in legal action with a second party. I saw the thread in question and didn't think much about it -- farmers expressing opinions about a product. But to the company, some of what was said constitutes libel.

So, you are the administrator for a day. You have about five hours to decide. What do you do?

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)