AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I'm not a moderator but I play one on TV
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Pat H
Posted 8/17/2018 09:29 (#6934222)
Subject: I'm not a moderator but I play one on TV

Guys it's time to stop getting all worked up about nothing. Today's approach to marketing anything (from spinach to president) is to get people cranked about something they normally wouldn't think or care about. We are making them look pretty good (and ourselves not so much).

1. We were long due for a correction because we grew really big crops and are not stopping. Frankly the sooner it happens and we get through the pain and the oversupply, the better. Low prices do help develop more markets

2. Trade relations needed 'fixing' eventually and the current president decided to go counter culture and not kick the can down the road. We all knew it would be painful, but also knew it was necessary. Of course everyone is a monday morning qb these deals as well. Guaranteed no one here has a better idea so getting all cranked up about it is a waste of energy.

3. While past administrations did some stuff that affected our day to day lives (wotus, obamacare), the current guy lowered your taxes and cut regulation and business responded well. Doesn't seem so bad. Definitely no reason for the crankiness (unless your life revolves around twitter then I suggest getting a life).

4. Everyone gets cranky when prices drop or new rules/programs come into play. The reaction is not unusual but this is our chosen profession and it is what it is. It's not always new tractors and cool videos. That isn't a bad thing.

5. The only folks that can predict the market are the players with enough money to move the market. It's been going back up lately so I guess the reasons for the 'all is lost' downturn went away or were never the reason in the first place?

If you absolutely have to blame someone for your problems, look in the mirror. Just like me, you're the cause of 99% of your problems.

So, keep consumption and family living expenses in check. Pay down debt when you can. Avoid deals that need a homerun to break even and Stay Calm and Farm On.

Kirk out
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)