AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Minnesotas best corn counties
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

dittfarms
Posted 8/17/2018 22:01 (#6935447 - in reply to #6935413)
Subject: RE: Minnesota drought

ottertail co mn
And when all you see is brown every day, t seems weird that it could rain some where and be green

I will trade you every single time, wet for dry and when I mean dry I mean 20-30% yield , not the kind of dry when the bean leaves flip over for 2 hours when it is 90 out

Minnesota is a big state , ottertail is a big county, he'll some of ottertail county could have record breaking cropS. Just not in my next of the woods.

Not complaining, I grew up in clarkfield Minnesota as a kid, if you like corn field and soybean fields and not muck more it is a great place, but I enjoy the outdoors and made the choice to farm this land that is not very good, but it must be pretty to look at because all I see all summer is North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Kansas and Illinois license plate.

And forgive me if I sound like a whiner, I am just trying to explain what I see. I have crop insurance, if it doesn't rain for a month I will get insurance if it rains all summer I will get a crop.

Honestly, if I could farm any where it would be traverse county, that place makes poor farmers look good.....

Just a jab at some friends if they are reading lol
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)