AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Got dad out of the house,he wanted to cut some hay
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

FJS
Posted 8/17/2018 09:17 (#6934203 - in reply to #6934146)
Subject: RE: Got dad out of the house,he wanted to cut some hay

Tomball,Texas
Von WC Ohio - 8/17/2018 08:50

Enjoy this time while you can, say the things that need to be said , and ask the questions that need to be asked. Maybe record some long conversations of those special stories that he has to share.

So nice seeing respect being given to the elders and including them in the happenings even though it takes extra effort. They  had a large role in getting all of us to where we are today.

Never forget that.

Thanks for sharing your wonderful act and story with all of us.

Man that hits home.
The picture where we are sitting in the field stopped is about the same spot I remember driving for the first time,I was around three years old in a 1975 IH pickup,dad put it in 4-wheel low and first gear,I stood up in the seat and steered while him and another man loaded square bales.
I'm the youngest of five and will be 46 in a couple weeks,dad married late in his life and was 46 when I was born.
I do a lot of different things to make a living and realize most of the "roads" I traveled to start my businesses wouldn't have even been there if he wouldn't have cleared them.
I'm pretty fortunate,there are a few men around my dads age that I'm real close with,they're getting older and slowing way down but they're still around and try to take time whenever possible to stop and visit with them .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)